Thursday, December 8, 2011

most memorable part of my interesting medical student life

although its only been a week since i posted my last entry
i feel like centuries!!!
dunno why~
most probably due to the hectic week i guess
so how's everyone?
=]

as what i told ya... my last whole week were sooo packed, like canned sardinesX)... anyway, im glad that i made it through. So, to summarize(so that dear readers you won't "X" my blog^^), the main event of my 3rd year in this university has finally ended, quite successfully i would say, which is the Intervarsity Wushu Championship. There were lots of preparations, quarrels, sweats and tears but the most important thing is that at the end of the day, when we think back what we did, that will bring smiles on your face=)... And i think we've made a good impression of our Wushu Club to other universities too, as most of their feedbacks are the positive ones...

Well, right after that event, after the hustle and bustle of cleaning and tidy up the mess, the day after, was our turn to revisit our village for our CFCS Intervention Programmes, and this time, its no laughing matter, cz we need to stay at a foster parents' home for 5 days!!! I just gotta admit that i was feeling quite worried+anxious, cz although im not that princess-sy, im still having my own intolerance over certain things. Anyhow, i tried to believe in my coping and adapting skill, and eventually things turned out good^^

if it wouldn't be my stolen faves crocs shoes...and the cockroaches and ants in my room at my foster parents' house, i would say that things were GREAT!!!X)

  

lets enjoy some snapshots from our CFCS programme!!!
which consists of activities such as house-to-house visit for educate and poster-distribution, family day, health screening, talks and forums, taiji practice sessions etc etc...
our objective was to educate the villagers on living a healthy lifestyle by exercising and eating healthily, in order to reduce obesity^^

my mak angkat and ayah angkat...and also another 2 malay friends who were staying in the same family with me...

my first meal with my keluarga angkat...a noble lunch cooked by all of us together...
ps,i was in-charged of the vege^^


various kuih prepared by my mak angkat...she ROCKSSSS at making kuihs!!!hehe


the pretty girl on the right with brown shirt is my adik angkat...on free time,she brought us to some sight-seeings around the kampung and this nice unpolluted river


besides, i've also tried many things that i've never even heard before, such as cooking "bubur asyura"


 the end product of bubur asyura after stirring non-stop from 8am-5pm...
ingredients: rice,water,corn,beef,red bean,green bean,gula melaka,sugar,various spices,curry,coconut milk,blended onion,chilis and garlics...
sounded weird, but surprisingly, it tasted quite good!
*on individual preference


we invited one of our lecturer in USMkk, Dr Ang to teach the villagers to practice taiji...

 some of the games played during the Family Day...







cooking demonstration and competition...our objective was to teach the villagers how to cook their food in the healthy way by reducing the usage of oil, sugar and salt...



colouring competition

No comments:

Post a Comment