Tuesday, November 2, 2010

another huge project

ALOHA readers^^
i was reading my CFCS notes
and blog-surfing at the same time

i enjoy blog-surfing nowadays...
just click on the "next blog" icon above then you'll be randomly linked to a blog written by people living different corners of the world...
and it will always give me endless surprises...

and today...
i came across this blog of a cancer survivor's blog:



"I am tired of waiting, of being stuck. I need this to be over. Cancer patients and survivors do not have the liberty to waste time. Every second of every day is precious to us. We never know if tomorrow will be our last." These were the very words I said to my surgeon the week of my last surgery. I was desperate to start living my life with nothing holding me back...surgeries, hyperbaric treatments and doctor appointments. Monday was the first day...in over a year and a half, that I was finally able to start living my life again, savoring every moment without treatments or doctor obligations and to start looking forward and not back. It was a GREAT feeling.

Since then, I have been been waking up every morning with excitement wondering how I am going to live out my day. What am I going to accomplish? It is all up to me and nobody else to decide what I am going to do. I am able to start saying "yes" to opportunities that I have said "no" to for many months. I am gratefully reassuming my role as mom, wife and friend and no longer being defined as a cancer patient. I cherish small moments like having a cup of coffee in the morning, taking in the beauty of Fall, listening to my kids laugh and play and holding hands with Jason....no longer will I take these moments for granted like I did in the past. 

This is what life is all about. Appreciating every moment and every experience given to you. Understanding that life's ups and downs define who you are and make you glad to be alive. It is about loving others and being loved back. And most important, it is knowing that God is in control and to trust him wholeheartedly with your life. 


if you're interested to read more...
click here


im sooo touched by her writings...
and she reminded me of how fortunate i am...
to be free of any severe disease and illness...
and to have a normal facial appearance without any deformities(though mine didn't look attractive)...

i will cherish every tiny moments,especially those that i'll be spending with my family this weekend...
like she did=)



♥     ♥     ♥     ♥     ♥


woohoo!!!
im excited about my new job^^

last night we had a Wushu Club meeting and we decided to organise the 2nd Intervarsity Wushu Championship in next year 2011...those HICOM were already chosen,i was being asked to become the project coordinator at first,but i rejected...there's NO WAY that i could carry this HUGE responsibility...simply because,i know myself too well,for sure i'll collapse from hypertension if i'd take the job,and poor mummy and daddy,they'll become my problem listeners...so,i hereby apologise to those who think that i can handle the job,sorry to let you all down...and so in the end,i became the vice-coordinator,i will fully assist CheeKeong(project coordinator) in the project on-going...thank God we are like old friends,old partners,so everything will be just fine=)...really,the HUGE responsibility of a project coordinator is not meant for girls like me,we have too much hormonesXP

that's what i hate,and love the most about life in university
when one project finishes...
another one will soon be knocking on your door...
in fact,our HUGE CNY night 2011 not even finished yet!!!
but THIS seems fun
so im quite looking forward to it^^

ooyea,time is running out...
gotta get back to my dry CFCS notes...
wish me luck for tomorrow's test ya!!!^^

2 comments:

  1. Vivian!!!!!
    Put a chat box la xp
    CUTEEEEEE BLOG KAWAIIIIIIII!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol~thanks dear^^

    the reason why i didn't put up a chatbox is that my university line block it!!!

    nevermind...if you wanna talk to me,just comment on my post ANYTIME,i'll sure reply you kay=)

    ReplyDelete