Friday, August 13, 2010

the awesome experience of CONVEX

finally im free to blog!
=D

owh please forgive me if this post is 1km long......
because i really have much to tell(well,i always have something to tell thoughXP)...
let's get it started with chronological order kie^^

first and foremost......CONVEX!!!
Venue:USM Main Campus,Penang
Date:4-8th August
Time:9am-5pm

well,ever wondered what does Convex means???it's actually a health exhibition held every year during Convocation Week at USM Main Campus in Penang,and im one of the participant this year,in charged of Neurology Station and was the group leader of it...the whole experience was indeed unforgettable,from the preparations itself til the day we finished our 5 days exhibition...there weren't really much visitors though,i was actually expecting thousand of them but i think there were only about hundreds...firstly,im really satisfied and happy when the public thanked me for explaining to them about strokes,migraines etc and had actually told me that what i told them is really interesting,some of them even praised me for making the best explanation to them=)...however,there were also few awkward moments when the publics threw some weird questions to me which i waqsn't able to answer,the only thing i did is just telling them that:"sorry ya auntie,im only a 2nd year medical student,im not so sure about this,you better refer your problem to a doctor^^...its better this way rite??better than just "hentam" then end up telling the publics about the wrong facts...and the shame-est moment of all.....ADIK PERNAH SAKIT KELAPA TAK???...lol...after i realised about my mistake,my group members and i burst into laughter in front of that adik......aiks,my malay really sucksXP...apart from the exhibition,the 6 days journey was full of happiness,cz we went for 3 movies,ate about 5 different dishes for every meal,and also...S.H.O.P.P.I.N.G!!!hehehe

remember her???my ex-roomie geok xin

first day reaching their hostel cafeteria...


those main campus students are really lucky!!!their hostel looked like this,with lifts,gyms,tv room with astro,an mostly double room with adequate space...


but i really gotta say that their stair structures are weird,you can find torturous staircases everywhere,like Hogwarts^^


my station and my 3 niceeee+helpful group members^^


WORKING TIME




PLAYING+SHOPPING+MOVIE+EATING



VISITING TIME



HAPPY ENDING



=)MY SHOPPING PRODUCTS=)



anddd.......i think that's all for my Convex experience...i gained happy memories from it,got to meet my old buddies Chee Yan and Hing Yee...and this trip reminds me of my first intention of wanting to study medicine and gives me motivation when i come back to USMkk and resume my study...



Next!!!
patient clerking...

im not sure whether i can use the word "FUN" to describe it because it sounded unethical...
but i enjoy the clerking session though...there's no more study ONLY...now,im learning how to do history taking and perform physical examinations on REAL patient...fun interesting nice right?^^...i like to interact with people,listening to their stories...the only thing that i feel guilty about is that im really sympathizing those poor,sick patients whom need to answer sooo many questions from sooo many different medical students and being the "hamster" for us to do physical examinations on them...=(...for whoever that ever being used as a learning material in an university hospital,THANKS...we would be learning nothing in the absence of you...=)


FINALLY!!!
HAHA=D

today's my beloved daddy's birthday!!!!
daddy,im here to wish you HAPPY BIRTHDAY again!!!
you forever ya
and sorry that i really have no time to make you cards and present......

ps....i wanna eat Dutch dishes toooooooo!!!!!!!!must bring me there when i come home ya hehe

No comments:

Post a Comment