Saturday, March 3, 2012

comfort food

Went out with dear Erica yesterday and enjoyed a relaxing afternoon with her
We took lunch, went shopping for groceries
and treated ourselves some cake and dessert before heading back

Hhmmm~
have been abandoning my rice cooker for quite some time...
and i bought some celery and carrots...
initially thinking of cooking a classic chinese ABC soup my mum always used to cook for me...
but i'd like to try something creative, something more western...
and it turned out...
yum~

creamy celery soup with carrot strips, topped with chopped pistachios
=)


i just love the fragrance of celery!
stomach can't stop growling when im boiling the celery:)
and i peeled those carrots into long strips so that they resembles fettucine/pasta...
and for the creamy broth, i actually used those powdered instant Asparagus soup...
lastly, those pistachios were my CNY left-over snacks...


i believe that everybody can be a good cook
its just the matter of how creative you're
and the heart matters most


hehe...
when my 灵感 aka inspiration came...
nothing could stop me from cooking something delicious!^^


what a hearty soup
just hope that those carrots won't turn my skin into orange tinge
LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment