Wednesday, September 28, 2011

urticaria!!!

For those who have no idea about urticaria:
It is commonly known as hives, which are raised, often itchy, red welts on the surface of the skin. They are usually an allergic reaction to food or medicine.


i've been having this bad urticaria for 3 days!!!
it wasn't my first time though
it actually happens whenever there's a change in environment
in this case: coming back to my university after the 3 months break at home


grabbed this from the internet...
but my skin does look like this, all over my body!!!
looked horrible isn't it?T.T




anyway,  i went to the student clinic yesterday, hoping that the doctor will give me an anti-histamine shot which will curb the allergy instantaneously. Unfortunately, that doctor said that i can only get the shot at A&E if my symptoms worsen and involve my airway, causing difficulty in breathing wo...in the meantime, i can only take anti-histamine pills to reduce the itch. Don't ask me what im allergic to, cz i've no idea! But the doctor said its in my gene=.=


the problem is...the pills isn't strong enough to relieve my itchiness as it only work for short hours...plus its side effect of causing drowsiness making me sleepy all the time...plus, the maximum dosage for each day is only 3 pills!!! The doctor said: NOT TO SCRATCH!!!as the scratching will stimulate more histamine release...but its easier to be said than done...


im praying hard to Buddha to speed up my recovery and end my suffering...

2 comments:

  1. Hey dear u ok??! drink more water and dun eat something spicy or sensitive, eat more vege and fruit!! take care dear!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks tong tong!!i think im getting better nw...there's nothing i cn do about this except for waiting it 2 disappear by its own...

    ReplyDelete