Thursday, December 13, 2012

Eyes are so beautiful

Ophthalmology posting is fun:D
Simply because...
  1. We got our own pupil dilated on the very first day of posting! And we learned how to use a direct ophthalmoscope to examine the fundus(the region at the back of your eyes). Such great satisfaction when we managed to see the real optic disc, optic cup and all the retinal vessels! They're just too fascinating and beautiful to see! It's not an easy job indeed, you're taking risks of "kissing" your patient you know:P
  2. No ward rounds for 3 weeks in Ophthalmology posting! All we have to attend is clinic, procedure room with all high-tech machines and OT.
  3. Finally, I can leave my room later than 8am every morning because the earliest clinic or classes will start at 8.30am. Ps, though Im an early bird, I still enjoy the morning lingering in my room hehe

Finally, after the two nerve-wreckingly busy posting, I've got my turn to unwind, relax and slow down my pace, just for a little short period before another major one >> Medical posting starts. Yes, it's indeed fun using the funduscope but it can be quite boring if you spend your whole life looking at THE EYES everyday! Many of my friends started to develop interest in pursuing this specialty because of the stree-free atmosphere and relatively shorter working hours compared to others super-duper busy specialty like O&G, General Surgery and Orthopaedic. 

"The only certainty is uncertain." said Ajahn Brahm.

Although I seems to be giving comments about every posting I went through, some are positive while some are negative. But who knows what will happen in the future? We can always plan, but things usually won't turn out exactly the same as we wished or planned. Perhaps, I might graduate from medical school and open a food stall at Pasar Malam! 

Haha! Just kidding lar~ 
I love medicine:)

Garlic-sauteed mushroom with broccoli
  1. Thinly slice up 1 clove of garlic. Heat up some butter and saute the garlic till fragrance.
  2. Add in thinly sliced fresh shitake mushroom, stir-fry until it's almost cooked through.
  3. Add in small florets of broccoli and stir-fry together with the garlic and mushroom. Add some water if necessary to ensure even cooking. Season with some salt and italian mixed herbs.
  4. When the broccoli is fully cooked, turn off the heat and add in half slice of cheese. Mix everything together evenly.
  5. Enjoy your nutritious vege dish!^^

You might think that Im crazy, but I can just eat one large bowl of this broccoli as my main meal! Yum~

No comments:

Post a Comment