Sunday, December 30, 2012

Quality weekend with my beloved!^^

Had an ever awesome weekend!
Although it only lasted 3 days but its the quality that counts:)

Simple morning hill-hiking with my parents, followed by a plate of Dried Curry Noodle as breakfast, spending time in the kitchen busy cooking with my mom, chatting with daddy in the living room while watching tv, gossiping with my bro & sis, going to the monastery to do dana and learning some dhamma...

What a beautiful weekend spent with my most beloved family!
Though the travelling part can be quite exhausting but its definitely worth it! 
Ps, just hope doctors can forgive me for "fishing" in their class today;)

Guess my homesickness has been cured
will concentrate on my study and looking forward the next trip home on CNY

Dearest daddy bought and saved these scrumptious durian for me to savour once I got back home...Ah~silky smooth sweet flesh with a tinge of bitter taste contrasted well with each other...

Who cares about the weight gain when its the King of the fruit's season???^^


And then, finally I got to make these traditional dessert for Winter Solstice Festival with my mummy and bro...Two flavours were made, red bean filling and another with chocolate filling specially for my sis...

Glutinous rice ball served with "Lai Kee" Soya milk, simply warm and divine


This time back home, sis and cousin are working as part time promoters, as a reward for their hardwork of standing whole day long, I prepared lunch boxes for them...

French Toast topped with honey, they said "yum!"


If you ask what's the most delicious food and what I missed the most when Im away from home, its definitely Mama's cooking!!!

I've always enjoyed staying in the kitchen and helping my mom to chop this and that, occasionally play with a few stirs in the wok. Call it miracle, I got some flu attack before I was home and mommy's Chicken Herbal Soup chased away the flu! I can even eat tonnes of durian without getting "heaty" and sick...hehe

Wow! Really, nothing beats my mommy's home-cook dishes...


Sweeeet surprise for my mommy & I, from GongCha!!! We were just planning to try out this newly opened Bubble Milk Tea stall, never thought that its actually free giveaway hours:D



Since I found some left-over sweet corns from Cameron Highland in the freezer...Decided to try out this Japanese inspired dish I learned from a cooking show:

~Sweet Corn Doughnut~
  1. Prepare 150g of sweet corns, 150g of cake flour, 1 tablespoon of baking powder, 50g of sugar. Mix well and add in 1 egg and some milk until a smooth, runny dough is formed. 
  2. Scoop a spoonful of the dough into a well-heated oil and deep fry till golden brown in colour.
ps1: Do not add too much milk at a time! Try out your dough by frying one doughnut, then adjust the consistency of your dough by adding milk as needed.


No comments:

Post a Comment