Friday, December 21, 2012

Good reflection on Dooms day

Today was supposed to be the Dooms day as predicted by the Mayans! Although I never believe in this, but wouldn't it be a great day to reflect on how fortunate we are, just to be able to stay alive? Im practicing this everyday, whenever I wake up in the morning, The very first thing that I do is to notice my breathing. Yeah! Im breathing in and out, Im still alive. So Im gonna make myself a better person and a wholesome mind compared to yesterday. And this motivates me to live a better day:)

☂☂☂

Seems like our friend, Mr Monsoon is officially paying us a visit and decided to stay with us for a few weeks from now! Showering is such a torture nowadays as the water is freezing cold! And this cold weather is making me constantly sleepy, losing all my mindfulness lol

Luckily my study button was turned on today. This is me, when I feel like it, I really enjoy studying, reading books, learning interesting facts and using my super colourful series of pen to create my own handwritten notes. And yea, when I feel like it I can really do this for one whole day. Ah, relieved that Im on the way of preparation for end-posting exam next week. You know, when you have exam every 6 weeks, you'll tend to lose the anxiety and enthusiastic necessary to prepare for it. I actually found out that I have become less stressful than before even though Im in clinical year now. Maybe I've immuned, or I've develop better stress-coping strategy, or perhaps I've learnt to relax and let things go after understanding some dhamma. The latter helps the most I think:) Another thing is that Im a believer of "consistent effort reaps sweet fruits". Trust me, it works. But I do understand if my dear reader=you think that Im a nerdx) Yes, we're medical students and we need to read books, be nerdy and knowledgeable so that we can heal you;)

Today's Winter Solstice Festival too, and this will be my 5th year away from home during this traditional chinese celebration. Called mummy and she was making glutinous rice balls. Can't wait to go home! Can't wait to see my family! Counting down the days to fly back to my nest^^


French toast 

  1. Beat 1 egg with 1 1/2 tablespoon of milk, mix well.
  2. Coat a piece of bread evenly with the egg mixture and fry it with a teaspoon of melted butter until golden brown on both sides. Repeat with another piece of bread.
  3. Spread some chunky peanut butter in between the toasts and top with a dollop of your favourite fruit jam.
A hearty breakfast to start my day in a freezing weather in Kelantan

ps1: I used wholemeal bread instead of white bread. Love the texture, and its definitely a healthier choice!

ps2: As an alternative, you can top it with a slab of butter and some honey, the way traditional French toast should be eaten. Either way its delicious^^

No comments:

Post a Comment